Thursday, April 19, 2007

Grand Tetons


The Tetons have to be one of, if not the most recognized mountain ranges in the country. They are very impressive indeed, and have been the backdrop for more than a few westerns. I am a fan of western movies, and one of my all time favorites is the 1952 movie Shane. To me Shane was a very good movie because much of it was filmed from the perspective of a small boy (about 7 years old I think). I remembering seeing the movie for the first time when I was quite young and was so impressed with the mountains that I had never forgotten them. I saw the Tetons for the first time on a trip that the family made to Yellowstone when Ruby was only 5 weeks old.



This picture has a jet liner in it (right center) that is approaching the Jackson airport for a landing. Many of these pictures, to me, are much better when seen at full size. You can click on the picture to expand it, but you need to hit the back button. I have not figured out how to open the pictures into their own window yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Say something!