Monday, April 30, 2007

Take the Stairs!

I have decided to start a new tradition on this here blog. Now first off I must confess that I have stolen this idea from a fellow blogger. She has a great blog and I enjoy it very much. She and her family are also some of my old Nevada friends.

I have followed her blog the last few weeks as she has been participating in "Smart Habits Saturday". To find out about "Smart Habits Saturday" you can go to the Beehive Academy and check out Montserrat's blog.

Now I have checked out how to join the group and get in on the fun, and have thought about it a time or two. The only problem I have had is that I noticed that the entire group is made up of women. Now don't get me wrong I like women. Heck I'm married to one. But anyway joining kinda felt like being the only man at a Tupperware party. It just didn't fit. My wife use to sell Mary Kay. I was dang good at finding things to do when she was having one of her "lets all get pretty" parties.

But I still think the idea is great! So each week I am going to try and start a new 'good' habit! Now to start, my habits are all aimed toward a goal. The goal is to improve my health. So each week I'll try to begin a new habit to help with my main goal.

This week my goal is to take the stairs. You see my office, at work, is on the 3rd mezzanine of the building. There is an elevator that I have been in the habit of taking to reach the floor of my office; however there are stairs! 72 of them! So my habit, which I started today, is to use the stairwell to get to and from my office. I made the trip up twice today. My knees hurt and I am out of breath by the time I hit the top. But if I keep the habit it should get much easier, and improve my health along the way. My job is sitting at a computer about 99% of the time, so I do not get much exercise at work.

Next week I'll will let you know how it's going, and hopefully start a new habit!



My office is the small middle window at the top right side of the building.


The Stairwell!

Photos taken: April 30, 2007

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I can see how it'd feel a little but strange joining the SHS but I'm glad you are working on trying to change some habits. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Say something!