Friday, February 8, 2008

How's the Weather?

Wow! Have we been getting the snow as of late! The year started slow. The first real snow came just before Christmas. Since then it hasn't stopped!


Is That Broom Enough?

Angela is working away trying to clear the snow away from the propane tank. And that is no ordinary 250 gallon residential propane tank burried under all that snow. Ours is a 1,000 gallon tank. We fill once a year, in summer when the prices are cheap.


I Know it's Here Somewhere!

All that snow is in the drive where we park our cars. I had to shovel a 'hole' before I could even begin to use the plow on my quad. And even then I became stuck several times. Angela stayed on standby to pull me out with the jeep.


The Front Porch

This is what snowed and blew in over night onto the front porch. The porch is somewhat in the air, so it didn't get the worse of it!


Eight Foot Drift

This impressive drift has formed on the north end of our house. The area between the end of the house and the hill that slopes away form a perfect wind block for the snow to drift into.


A View From the Front

The snow in front of the garage windows has drifted in. That is not from shoveling.


Across the Street

Comparing the depth of the snow to the garage door makes this photo more impressive. The cedar fence behind the house is a 6' fence.


Heidi's House

Neighbor Heidi is about snow bound!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, glad I don't have to deal with the snow. I like being able to choose whether or not I want to be in it. However, I must say you live in a very beautiful area and you are very fortunate for that.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Say something!