Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Marriage Meme

Montserrat has a meme on her blog and has kindly given me the option to participate. Montse has been a valuable help to me as an amateur blogger. So here goes!

Eight facts about our marriage:

1 - We both lived in Ruth Nevada as small children and new each other. Angela moved away when she was 6 years old and I was 8 years old. That was 1971! (That sure dates me)!

2 - 21 years later we were introduce to each other through a mutual friend, in Fallon Nevada. After some conversation we realized that we knew each other as kids.

3 - We were married February 4, 1994 in Virginia City Nevada.

4 - 30 minutes after saying 'I do', we were in a car wreck in Reno Nevada. I was turning into a 7-11 on Virginia street when a car speeding up the 'parking lane' hit the side of my car, in the passenger door, where Angela was sitting. Luckily neither of use was hurt. A Washoe County Sheriff Officer was in the parking lot and witnessed the accident. The driver of the other car was cited. Later we found out he had no insurance, and then he fought the findings of the police in court. He lost. It took us nearly two years to recover the cost of repairs to the car. To this day we still comment about 'Oregon drivers', when we see Oregon plates on a car.

5 - February 4, 1998 we were sealed in the Oakland Temple. The weather over Donner Summit, on I-80 was nearly impassable. The freeway was shut down soon after we made it through. There was heavy rain in the Bay area and many of the highways were flooded and closed. There was real concern that we were not going to make it. We did!

6 - When we were married I believed that we would never have kids. Angela's tubes had been tied. Through the help of artificial insemination we now have 3 kids together. An 8 year old girl and twin boys who are 5.

7 - We lived in Fallon Nevada until October of 2004. We then moved to Star Valley Wyoming and have been here since then.

8 - It would be wonderful if we could make it through an entire night without one of the kids climbing in bed with us!

I am suppose to tag someone else at this point. Problem is I don't know many blogger's, and the few I do know have been tagged! But hey, if you read this and feel like participating, be my guest!

1 comment:

  1. You forgot to add that they are 3 of the cutest kids ever!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Say something!