Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Busy at Work

My job has been keeping me extremely busy lately. I have been trying to finish a new mine plan for Smoky Canyon which includes an updated forecast, waste balances, new pit designs, and equipment requirements.

Also we have started a new project that, if goes as planned, we will begin mining in about 15 years. This particular project will take that long to develop, because of various factors. This new project has required some travel as of late. Today was one of those days. I had to go to Idaho Falls to meet with the USFS and the BLM to present a preliminary plan for this project. There will be a significant amount of permitting to do, and that process was kicked off today. The permitting will take years to complete. The amount of work and money spent to permit a project like this one is mind boggling. It will cost millions of dollars just to permit, that is before any mining will even begin.

Because of my busy work schedule, I haven't had as much time to devote to my blog lately. But I am still trying to keep up with post of the kids for the Grandpas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Say something!