Friday, November 16, 2007

Successful Hunt

I went hunting today Northeast of Jackson near Indian Head Mountain. Finally a successful hunt, and wouldn't you know I forgot the camera. I shot a cow elk on a dead run at 465 yards. It was the very first shot I have taken at an animal in Wyoming. One nicely placed shot and down she went. Angela is happy we have meat!

I went with Whompa Roberts. We took his mules. Doug Henry also tagged along. It was a great day for hunting. Cloud covered with a few flurries now and then. Just enough to get the animals up and moving but not to cold.

My hunting is not over just yet. About a month ago I recieved a phone call from Niel Grastiet of Fallon NV. He was lucky enough to draw a bull elk tag in Nevada for areas 11 and 22 near Ely. He has enlisted my services to help him find a bull. I will be hunting back in Nevada this next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Say something!