Sunday, December 9, 2007

Preston's Predicament

Santa visited the fairgrounds tonight! As we waited in line to see Santa, I could tell that Preston was nervous. It is not like him at all! He tugged on my coat and whispered something to me. I couldn't hear him so I knelt down to his level and asked what he had said.

"Dad I don't want to see Santa".

"Why not"? I asked.

His eyes began to tear. He didn't answer. I asked again, "Why not"? His eyes hit the floor and he wouldn't look up. Then it hit me.

"Preston are you worried because Santa is going to know you've been bad"? He slowly shook his head. I had to bite my lip. 'There is a lesson here Dad'.

"Preston do you know what you need to do"?

"What Dad"?

"You need to go see Santa". He gave me a quizzical look. "You need to tell him you're sorry, and that you will do your best to be a good boy".

"Okay Dad".


Soon after Preston sat on Santa's knee, Santa gave a laugh. He then said something to Preston and you could see the worry wash off of him! When he was through with his visit he ran up to me and said "it's alright Dad, but I have to be on my best behavior!".

Will see if that last!


Spencer was all giggles and smiles! He couldn't wait to see Santa!

Ruby tells Santa what she wants for Christmas!

Picture taken: December 8, 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Say something!