Friday, August 24, 2007

Cream Cheese Chicken

Craig's Favorite Recipes

I have decided to share some of my favorite recipes. Most of these are going to be a recipe made by someone other than myself, but I have thoroughly enjoyed. I have been the benefactor of many great dishes from three great cooks. My wife Angela, my mother, and my mother-in-law.

This first recipe is one that Angela made last Sunday. Sunday usually means a dinner from the crock pot. Angela throws in a roast and some vegetables, or some other dish, and sets it to cook before church. When we get home dinner is ready. This works out quite nice especially when, like now, we go to church in the afternoon. Currently church for us starts at 11:00 am and is over at 2:00 pm. So we miss lunch and have an early dinner.

Last Sunday we had Cream Cheese Chicken. The first time I was treated to this dish was at my sister Susan's house. I am not sure that the recipe is exactly the same as Angela uses, but Susan's is close. Here is Angela's recipe;

Cream Cheese Chicken

4 - chicken breast (boneless skinless)
2 - 8 oz bricks of cream cheese
2 - envelopes of dry Italian dressing mix
2 - cans of cream of chicken soup

Mix the last three ingredients together thoroughly in the crock pot.
Place the chicken on top.
Set the crock pot to low and cook for 4 hours.

We like it served on wheat Penne pasta, but you can serve it with any pasta or rice you like.


Personally I like it on noodles, not rice. I am sure you great cooks out there can adjust the recipe to fit your family. 4 chicken breast is just right for us.

Give it a try, and if you like, let me know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. You beat me to the recipe thing. I have been having friends nag me to put some of my recipes on my blog. Now I will really have to.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Say something!